Monday 23 April 2018

Open Source Assignment 3

Hello Everybody,

This week I am going to talk about assignment 3 from my open source class. This assignment like assignment 2 requires us to contribute to a open source project but to solve a more difficult issue. The project that I am working on is this issue, this issue belongs to the Firefox development team in their devtools html debugger. The issue regarding this bug is that when a new parent directory is made then trying to reveal the source tree of a file to show it in the primary pane.
The function works properly when it is in it's original parent directory, As shown below.

The image below is an image of whats going in the issue. 

My current progress in the issue is that I have figured the source of file is not adjusted to the parent directory. From this the debugger would search for the source in the new parent directory causing it to fail and not open. My thoughts on the solution is that I would calculate the number of / in the new parent directory and concatenate "../" in front of the file source with the number of / in the new parent directory. 

I am currently at the point of getting number of / in the new parent directory source and assigning the number of "../" into a string to concatenate in front of the file source when it searches in the file. However I was unable to locate the point where it uses the file source to search through the source tree. These edits were all done within the ui.js under the src/action folder. as shown below


I will continue to work on this issue and report back next week.

Thank you,

Kevin Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment