Thursday 19 April 2018

Lab 5 Bridge Troll

Good News Everyone,

     I have completed my open source lab 5!
The task we had to do within this lab was to implement a Day and night palette on the open source project Bridge Troll. At the beginning of the lab I had trouble setting up my environment on my windows laptop (Typical). I had to resort to reformatting an old laptop to Linux Ubuntu to be able to run and complete the lab.

When I started analyzing the code I did not know where exact to start until logically pathing to the maps folder and into the baseUI. I changed the baseUI to include a custom javascript file that takes the latitude and longitude given and produces the time at that given location. This was done through using the npm library sunCalc, when getting the time I had setup a function to automatically switch the tiles from the default light tiles to the night palette tile accordingly to the time.

The style I went with to represent the night palette is CartoDB.DarkMatter.












The things that I found troublesome in this lab was properly setting up the environment, this is because some of the projects I've encountered has issues with the windows OS.

Thanks for reading,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment